This workshop provides an introduction to safety and your responsibilities in Group II (flammable gases, liquids and vapours) and Group III (combustible dusts) hazardous areas.
Potential sources of ignition are often taken into hazardous locations where flammable liquids, gases, vapours and dusts are generated, processed, handled and stored. These flammable substances can easily ignite from an arc, spark or heat. It is essential you avoid accidental ignition of these flammable substances.
This workshop is suitable as first time, refresher and continuing training for operators, fitters, technicians, plant mangers, supervisors and WH&S managers requiring a basic introduction to hazardous areas.
Trainees will receive a basic understanding of hazardous area legislation, how hazardous areas are classified and sources of ignition based on current Australian Standards.
If you require an introduction to hazardous area electrical installations please refer to our 2-Day workshop.
Ensure you remain compliant* and maintain your hazardous area skills and knowledge by enrolling on this essential workshop today.
Who is Explosion Protection Technology Pty Ltd?
Explosion Protection Technology Pty Ltd specialises in hazardous area training, hazardous area classifications, hazardous area inspections and audits of facilities and assets Australia wide. We are practising professional hazardous area trainers and consulting engineers.
Upon completion of this workshop trainees should:
- Understand how to prevent hazardous area fires and explosions
- Be up-to-date with changes in the relevant hazardous area Australian Standards
- Understand legislation, compliance and competency
- Have existing hazardous area knowledge reinforced
- Know the basics of how Group II and Group III hazardous areas are classified
- Understand hazardous area classification drawings
- Understand equipment markings
- Understand sources of ignition